IE is faster than Chrome on YouTube?

damstas

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Why is this so? Chrome always stucks when i change to HD and IE is instant. I have no flash on IE, so it uses on HTML5 on every video. On Chrome I have applied for the HTML5 test with WebM version. Chrome still runs like 1/4 videos on HTML5 and rest on flash and IE runs every video on HTML5 just fine and fast on HD. So what is wrong?

damstas

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Tried Firefox. Same issue as Chrome, but Tube Enhancer Plus autoloaded 1080p and now it is good to watch videos on Firefox. What extension could this be like in Chrome Store?

TheMentalist

Honorable
May 13, 2013
ok, chrome has a build in flash player you need to disable it and enable your downloaded flash player.
- Open chrome and type in chrome://plugins
- look for flash players and view details (click on details top-right of the page)
- the flash player that is located in c:\program files\google\...... must be disabled
- the flash player that is located in c:\windows\sysWow64\macromed\...... must be enabled

restart chrome and test again

damstas

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

It's funny, Google owns Chrome and Youtube and they don't work well together. :p
IE seems to be the fastest as it uses HTML5 in every Youtube video. Firefox and Chrome uses it in basic videos, but when I go to LinusTechTips channel it says that I need Flash Player to play videos. So what is wrong with those two browsers? Flash seems to be really slow compared to HTML5.

damstas

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

Do you use vanilla Firefox with no extension or addons, because it has the same issues as Chrome on YouTube?
I will try that Cyberfox you suggested.