Incorrect boot up

Francis Roads

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
My Asus Notebook Model UX305F Windows 8 gives a series of dots in the password box on boot up, which cannot be deleted. Usually turning off and on a couple of times fixes it, but what is happening, and how do i stop it please?

Sounds like a key is stuck on your keyboard. Try connecting an external keyboard, while the laptop is off and then turn the laptop on. If it doesn't happen when done this way, the problem is coming from the attached keyboard. Now if it still happens, even when using the external keyboard, then it may be malware or a virus on the device. Then I would be sure to do some good deep scans of the system.

Sounds like a key is stuck on your keyboard. Try connecting an external keyboard, while the laptop is off and then turn the laptop on. If it doesn't happen when done this way, the problem is coming from the attached keyboard. Now if it still happens, even when using the external keyboard, then it may be malware or a virus on the device. Then I would be sure to do some good deep scans of the system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 3
clodneedshelp Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 7
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1