Intel Processors for rPGA 989 socket?

RaczIT

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
I have a HP ProBook 4440s that has a rPGA 989 socket. Currently the laptop has an i3-3110m processor in it. I would really like to upgrade the processor to try to squeeze some more performance out of it. I've already replaced the hdd and upgraded the memory and have noticed a small boost, but would like a bit more.

My question is, what i-series processors (preferably i5 or i7 quad core) work with this socket? I'm having a really hard time finding any straight forward answers about what works and what doesn't. I guess people who have tried to replace the processor before ran into issues with the processors physically fitting, but the pin out being different. This caused them boot failures and I can't seem to dig up how anyone resolved the problems or what upgrade processors people actually ended up going with.

Solution
There are HP ProBook 4440s's out there with i7 processors so I'd think the upgrade would be somewhat straight forward (as far as laptops go). This article may be helpful Socket rPGA988b since it says the rPGA 989 is compatible with the rPGA 988(B) As far as which CPU's there should work, it'll depend on the chipset on the motherboard
Page 34 of the HP ProBook 4540s, 4440s, 4441s Maintenance and Service Guide (direct pdf link) lists the i7-3632QM and i7-3212QM as possible options along with 7 different i5 options
There are HP ProBook 4440s's out there with i7 processors so I'd think the upgrade would be somewhat straight forward (as far as laptops go). This article may be helpful Socket rPGA988b since it says the rPGA 989 is compatible with the rPGA 988(B) As far as which CPU's there should work, it'll depend on the chipset on the motherboard
Page 34 of the HP ProBook 4540s, 4440s, 4441s Maintenance and Service Guide (direct pdf link) lists the i7-3632QM and i7-3212QM as possible options along with 7 different i5 options

Solution

RaczIT

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

Perfect, thanks a lot. This looks like the exact info I need.