Solved! Is my mainboard OK?

Apr 4, 2018
HI, my 42" led panasonic was on and all of a sudden no picture and sound. after that the red lights blinks up when triggered by the remote. But I cannot put it off with the remote

Solution
May well be a power supply problem.

View the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiocQEuKwwk

There are other similar links to be found.

Just view a few of videos to learn about the power issue and you may recognize some other clue or occurrence that may confirm that the problem is the power supply. Or recognize some viable fix you can safely do on your own.

Not suggesting nor saying that you must or should attempt the repair per se. And, unless you have made similar repair in the past you should not try to do so on your own.

Find a knowledgeable family member or friend who can help. Or take the TV to a repair shop.

You will at least have some knowledge of the part's cost and the labor involved. A new TV may be...
Are you using any surge protectors or power bars?

Try a direct connection to the current power outlet. Then try using an extension cord to another outlet on a different electrical circuit.

Good battery in the remote?

(Even if the remote is new or the battery is new, try another battery.)

Apr 4, 2018

May well be a power supply problem.

View the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiocQEuKwwk

There are other similar links to be found.

Just view a few of videos to learn about the power issue and you may recognize some other clue or occurrence that may confirm that the problem is the power supply. Or recognize some viable fix you can safely do on your own.

Not suggesting nor saying that you must or should attempt the repair per se. And, unless you have made similar repair in the past you should not try to do so on your own.

Find a knowledgeable family member or friend who can help. Or take the TV to a repair shop.

You will at least have some knowledge of the part's cost and the labor involved. A new TV may be less expensive.

Solution