kids tablet and sd card problem

amyco

Estimable
Nov 13, 2014
help! got a tablet for my kids with 4.1.1 android. have run out of memory, so put a sd card in but it will not work, when i try to click on storage to see the sd card a message comes on the screen saying seetings has stopped working ... cannot take photos or put on large apps.. what do i do

So the card is not reading? Is it properly formatted? Are you sure it is compatible? Some devices only accept certain classes of SD cards.

Worst case scenario, you got a bad card and just need to purchase another. Would probably test with a different card first though, to see what happens.

Connect your card reader to your PC, then put your card in. It should show up as an external device in "My Computer", similar to how a USB drive or a CD would show up there. You can just right click on the icon for it, and it should give you an option to install. I don't recall off the top of my head what the file format should be, but it'd probably be NTFS, I'd imagine.

amyco

Estimable
Nov 13, 2014
so i formatted the sd card but that didnt help... forgot to say at the bottom of the tablet wen u put it on it says preparing sd card, also if i take it out it says removing sd card..but it doesnt work in the storage bit, just shuts down and cant take any photos etc.