laptop (acer 5750g) CPU temperature 80c

omega1988

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
hi! my laptop (acer 5750g) on win7 CPU temperature is something like 80c . i don't think that's normal cuz my PC at home runs with 50c . and when i play games on the laptop it crashes and restarts .

how can i fix it ? how can i locate the problem ?

Nuckles_56

Estimable
May 25, 2014
My suggestion is just to clean out the fan on the laptop. If that is the temperatures under load, that is fairly normal for a laptop CPU as they are designed to run hot (generally up to 95 degrees Celsius) due to the fact that it is hard to cool the CPU very well and keep the design thin and light

markwp

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Make sure your fan vents are clean. A little canned air to clean out the dust bunnies as they can get pretty nasty in a short period of time. Also check your fan control settings.

Take off the bottom of the case and use the canned air there also.

Acer's are notorius for running hot and while 80C is not unusual, it's within the limits. Laptops always run warm due to lack of serious ventilation.

The simplest thing to do is to buy a laptop cooler and put the laptop on these. Make sure that the air vents are not obstructed by anything and that it is kept in a cool room.

Also make sure that it is not near the sun as it can start to heat up which wears the battery.
Always make sure that there is not a build up of dust.

Other than that I can't think of anything that can cool the temps down from the hardware side.