Laptop monitor disappeared after graphics software update

Lerey

Commendable
May 25, 2016
I just installed Ge Force Game Ready Driver. Release date 5/23/16. Version 368.22. I have a Lenovo Y510P laptop with dual graphics cards.

Since installing my laptop monitor is not recognized as a device or a display option. Other monitors work fine when I plug in to VGA, etc. but I can't dual monitor anymore. Any ideas what would have caused this and how to fix it?

Best,
Lerey

Solution
Have you tried repositioning the screen to see if it shows at a different angle? It could be a loose cable.
Another thing to try is uninstalling the drivers completely, remove the old driver installers, then letting windows update automatically install the driver or choosing"update driver" from device manager. This isn't ideal, but useful for troubleshooting at minimum.

Lerey

Commendable
May 25, 2016

That worked and fixed it for about a day, but then it broke again. Any other ideas? Or way to implement it better?

Starcruiser

Honorable
May 18, 2013
Have you tried repositioning the screen to see if it shows at a different angle? It could be a loose cable.
Another thing to try is uninstalling the drivers completely, remove the old driver installers, then letting windows update automatically install the driver or choosing"update driver" from device manager. This isn't ideal, but useful for troubleshooting at minimum.

Solution

Starcruiser

Honorable
May 18, 2013
Glad to hear it's working, but this is a problem that may come back with a vengeance later. I had a laptop that did this same thing, until it just quit booting windows altogether, but for some reason Linux still works...