Laptop Screen Glitching out

akkdub

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Hi!

I have an old laptop, it works well except just recently its screen started flickering periodically. Like it will glitch out every 2 seconds like old CRT monitors when they went out of sync and the image keeps scrolling on the monitor very fast. I have tried to wiggle the cable at both ends, and it doesn't seem to affect the image on the screen. I want to figure out if its my laptop screen or if it could be my GPU that is faulty? an Example of the glitch is here:

http://imgur.com/a/179tf

I have 2 external monitors connected, one via HDMI and another via VGA. Both work flawlessly! and I can game normally as well, without any issues.

Laptop Config:
Model: Asus N56VZ
GPU: GT650M 2GB GDDR3
LCD Cable: NJ8B LVDS CABLE HC DDNJ8BLC000

Current screen: AU Optronics B156XTN02.4 15.6" 1366x768

Any help will be appreciated! I am a college student so I need to replace the screen as soon as I can before classes start next semester.

Thank you!

Solution
Have you checked inside to see if anything is loose? Also try disconnecting the cable that connects the display and then reconnect it. Were to to be loose, even just a little, it could cause issues.

Should that not do it I would try replacing the cable and if needed replace the display itself.
Have you checked inside to see if anything is loose? Also try disconnecting the cable that connects the display and then reconnect it. Were to to be loose, even just a little, it could cause issues.

Should that not do it I would try replacing the cable and if needed replace the display itself.

Solution