p4htr41ck

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum but I really need to get some advice/help fixing an issue with my laptop. I own an Asus ROG G750JM and I bought it back in April of 2014. I also have windows 10 installed. I haven't had any problems up until recently with my laptop. The thing is, the issue only persists while only using the battery as it's power source.

I generally use my laptop while it's plugged into the power adapter but when I've been using it recently unplugged it would turn off a little while later from short use. Thus morning I was just using it for iTunes at work playing music for about an hour and then it suddenly turned off but the power icon in the bottom right corner said it's power was at 100%. When I turn it back the lights power up and I can hear it turn on but the screen remains black and the laptop shuts off after about 3 seconds. The thing is, I have no issues when it's plugged into the power adapter.

I googled for people having similar issues but I couldn't quite find anyone with the same exact problem. I read some issues about power options or battery bios confuligurstions but I'm not too sure what to do. Any help is appreciated! I'm thinking the battery might be an issue because it's constantly in whole the laptop is plugged into the power adapter but I'm not sure. My laptop doesn't ever overheat either.

Hi,

The problem seems to be the battery of your laptop based from the symptoms you said. Here are some test you can run just to be sure.
- First is to remove the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connected.
- If it stays on that means that confirms it that the problem is the battery.
- If you have another battery available that's the same with yours do try it and see if the same problem will persist.

Here's a replacement battery for your laptop:
http://www.amazon.com/Asus-ROG-G750JW-Laptop-Battery/dp/B00MBVPVR8

p4htr41ck

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
I absolutely forgot to check if there was a reply to this because no one replied immediately. But thank you for your reply! My light where my battery symbol is at the bottom of my laptop constantly flashes orange and it says on the system tray of my laptop that my battery isn't charging. So I'm assuming you're correct and that my issue is with the battery. I mean, it turns on when the AC adapter is connected with the battery out. For future care use, am I supposed to just not have my battery in when the AC adapter is plugged it when I'm just using my laptop at home? I've heard in the past that doing so harms batteries but people told me that that gaming laptops don't have those issues.