Laptop Troubleshooting Ram or HDD

speedyKG

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
I have an ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 and had issues with it blue screening after only 5-10 minutes. I forget the name of the error but I remember it saying it could be a wide array of things but likely ram or drive issues. After a while I decided to reinstall Windows but it took a long time to do as the normal way in the windows repair screen wouldn't work. Now that I have reinstalled windows it is stuck at "windows is getting ready" screen. If I reinstall Windows again it just gets stuck at the same point. Any help or comments would be much appreciated, thanks!

ffg7

Honorable
I think it is a hard drive issue as I ran into a similar issue when re-installing windows that took at least 6hrs to install just for itself so ran a diagnostic on the drive & failed the test.

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
its hard to point out which is at fault since u cant log in into windows.i suggest try and remove the hdd and plugged it in again and see if that work.if u have 2 ram sticks,remove one and see if it works as well.

ffg7

Honorable
I think it is a hard drive issue as I ran into a similar issue when re-installing windows that took at least 6hrs to install just for itself so ran a diagnostic on the drive & failed the test.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
ririx4268 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 9
X Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 1