Laptop wont turn on, power adapter have power but no led light or power button working

Modyvvip

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016
hello, i have a toshiba satellite p875-a7310 that have been working great for 2 years.
yesterday after getting home from work, i have plugged in the power adapter but there was no led light(no charging light,power light), power button not working it gone completely dead.
the power adapter is working because i can feel power at it body (aluminium body).
i don't think the problem from the power jack since i can feel power through it body.
i have tried plugging out everything and pressing power button for 30 secs-1 min without luck.
the battery is charged but it still does not power from it.
So it's motherboard or what? Thanks in advance

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally.
- If these doesn't work, do check the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next is to reseat the RAM if using a different AC adapter will not work. Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Another step you may want to try to check if the LCD is okay or not is to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it.
- And if all these will not work the problem lies inside the motherboard itself.