Lenovo Flex 4 1470 wont power on white light turns on then off no sounds from fan or processor

markanto69

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
help please
i removed cover to see Ram to buy new and upgrade the unit
put the back, back on and now wont turn on

Did you make sure you didn't knock anything loose? That is the most common reason for them not turning on after being opened.

Also if you took the RAM out, did you put it back correctly? Or, if you put in new RAM, did you try removing it and putting back the old one(s)?

markanto69

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017

markanto69

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
I went back 3 times checking each connection after the machine wouldn't start because it seems not to be getting power
I even tried resetting the ram and no I have not yet upgraded ram, I always look first before I order parts
I even tried with the power cord plugged in but no difference

Which connections may cause this issue I checked all he obvious ones but perhaps here's something not obvious

Well just because they look OK doesn't mean they aren't loose. Connections are so temperamental :)

Look at what you could have hit/moved, anything at all (connection wise). I Can't say which without seeing inside where you went. Once done, and back together, plug it into the charger and see if anything turns on. Lights, any interior sounds, etc. Does nothing start? Or does just the display not?

markanto69

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
ok i took off back again i trailed the power cord from plug to next to battery made sure good connection looks ok when i plugged power cord in the charge light turned white and steady
reset ram again it seems to be set properly
never touched hard drive so i'm staying away
when plugged power in no sounds nothing moved just the charging light
i hit power button the white light still goes on for w few seconds then off no sounds or nothing goes on