Lenovo- Y50 Frame Rate issues, Stuck Around 60 FPS.

bige513

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
Hello all,
Recently, I downloaded the game Red Orchestra 2, and instantly encountered frame rate issues. After much work I was able to get the frames up to 120 or so, but now I can only get 60 on much lower settings than before. I have tried turning off Vsync in game and in my NVIDIA Control panel, optimizing the game with GeForce Experience, defragmenting the hard drive, changing battery mode to performance, changing NVIDIA settings to performance mode, closing background and startup processes, updating drivers, setting graphics properties to performance, and even using a tune up software and I've gotten nowhere. Maybe their could be some interference between NVIDIA Vsync settings and the in game settings? I don't know. I guess that's why I'm here haha. I have gotten beyond 60 on this game, but I don't know how I did it. I'll leave my specs down below, and if you need any more data just ask.

Here are my Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 960M
CPU: Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM (15.91 GB Usable)
Res: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Driver Version: 361.43

Thanks so much!

Hi,

Please do try to do a clean install of the latest graphics card driver that may help in solving the issue.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics card driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Once installed reboot your laptop and set NVIDIA as the default graphics card.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card

bige513

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015

Tried doing the above, but now when I try to run the installer for the drivers it says I do not have compatible hardware.

Nevermind, It's downloading.

bige513

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015

Tried this, but I am still stuck at around 60 (59-62). I am using the GeForce optimization option as well, just so you know.