Lenovo Yoga Battery Not Charging

Revi2

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
Windows says it is a 5% available, plugged in charging.

However it is not charging, left it shut off overnight while plugged in and percentage never changed. Works fine while plugged in but it almost immediately goes to hibernate once I disconnect AC adapter (still is at 5 percent). Next to the power button the Orange LED battery light is on but I noticed it has a flicker every 5 seconds that I've never seen before. Computer is out of warranty. Any recommendations? Battery is not easily accessible but I could get to it if need be.

Harcix

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
If someone has the same problem (mine was Lenovo Yoga and after mobo failure and replacement it was stuck at 0% Plugged in, charging) - i stuck the battery in freezer overnight. Next morning it charged as normal.

Eileen_2

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
My Lenovo Yoga 900 laptop IS under warranty, and the ac charging cable is a real problem. It stopped charging my laptop, and was actually sparking when plugged into the wall. I have had FIVE calls into Lenovo, and they are willing to send me a new power cable, but apparently there ARE none. Obviously the power cord is in real trouble (or seems to be). I cannot find a replacement power cord, and have to actually go to best buy to charge my laptop when I can. The lenovo site says "over five weeks" out to order one. Frustrating!

Arrow_

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016