Solved! look of Webshots software

latha9990

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
hi there,
I was enjoying this webshots software from 1999 till a few days ago which looked like this :
https://megagames.com/sites/default/files/game-content-images/webshots_1l.jpg
It was a wonderful experience of joy & pride to manage this software with the albums on the left & 9 photos on the right. The moment I upgraded my OS from Windows XP SP 2 to Windows XP SP 3, it doesn't support this format anymore. I get this format :
http://i1-win.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/Webshots-Desktop_2.png
I do not want this. What should I do to get back the old format ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW, it was "Webski" & "Unwise" softwares which do not work in my comp anymore. Only Websamp works which I do not want. Any ideas ? The "INSTALL" of old softwares do not work. What is missing in my comp ?

Solution
Look through the settings and options available: You may need to revert to some "classic" view.

Or maybe "run as" setting that mimics XP SP2. May or may not be available.

My thought is that those settings will be found via the Options button if anywhere.

However, sometimes old options are deep down as the app/website folks really do not want people to use older software. Older versions are just more opportunities for problems and costly support.

Plus it becomes easier to simply remove the "old version" related options later on when support is fully discontinued at product or version retirement.

XP is garnering less and less support so it is likely that there will be more such changes with respect to other software that you...
Look through the settings and options available: You may need to revert to some "classic" view.

Or maybe "run as" setting that mimics XP SP2. May or may not be available.

My thought is that those settings will be found via the Options button if anywhere.

However, sometimes old options are deep down as the app/website folks really do not want people to use older software. Older versions are just more opportunities for problems and costly support.

Plus it becomes easier to simply remove the "old version" related options later on when support is fully discontinued at product or version retirement.

XP is garnering less and less support so it is likely that there will be more such changes with respect to other software that you use.

Overall, the "Personal" in "Personal Computer" is becoming more endangered all the time. We get changes and stuff whether we want it or not. [Cynicism conceded.]

Solution

latha9990

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for your feedback. You're right. Those fellows have lost it. They are a photo sharing website & have changed the aesthetics. I do not know much about technology as much as I do how to use it. Anyways I'll ask my comp service guy (Here we get such guys) whether he can help me to "run as" setting that mimics XP SP2 & get back to you if I get the desired result.