Looking for a low budget laptop for playing Hearthstone

Winter-Neko

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
Hello there, I am looking for a laptop around $250 USD that can handle playing hearthstone. Refurbished is fine as long as it's nothing to sketchy heh.
I also do some coding on the side. The most I'll ever do at once is: Hearthstone, Discord, Command Prompt(running a python program), A tab or two open, and Sublime Text. Nothing to much. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nya~

Solution
Generally speaking games are more demanding on the graphics core than on the CPU core. The i5-3320m is more powerful than the i5-4200u and if you were to use it for CPU demanding tasks, then it would be a better choice. If gaming is a higher priority, then the i5-4200u and it's Intel HD 4400 would be a better choice.

If you want to multitask while playing Hearthstone, then the HP you selected will generally better for overall performance. Regardless which laptop you purchase, Hearthstone should run better.

Winter-Neko

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

Thank you, for that. I found this https://www.amazon.com/HP-ProBook-6570b-Notebook-Professional/dp/B01KTRTATA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491065128&sr=8-1&keywords=certified+refurbished+laptop+under+350 which I think should work well as it's better than my current laptop which runs hearthstone fairly well(HD 3000) though it is refurbished which can be sketchy but I read the reviews and they seem alright and it's certified so I have strong confidence that it'll be alright. Again thank you for showing me your solution though :D

Winter-Neko

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

So the processor doesn't matter as much then? Sorry for asking questions if they are stupid >.< I'm not the smartest tech person.

Generally speaking games are more demanding on the graphics core than on the CPU core. The i5-3320m is more powerful than the i5-4200u and if you were to use it for CPU demanding tasks, then it would be a better choice. If gaming is a higher priority, then the i5-4200u and it's Intel HD 4400 would be a better choice.

If you want to multitask while playing Hearthstone, then the HP you selected will generally better for overall performance. Regardless which laptop you purchase, Hearthstone should run better.

Solution