D4ggerfall

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
I recently purchased the Sennheiser HD 598 since my old PC 360 G4ME died but now i need suggestions for a microphone. My Budget is around 50€.

I am considering the modmic but the Omni directional one (the one that is used for non-noisy areas) is currently sold out.

I am also considering a Clip-on/Lavalier Microphone but the only one not too expensive i found was the Zalman ZM-MIC1 but i'm kind of unsure about it since the internet seems split on whether it is good or not.

Thanks in advance!

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Solution

D4ggerfall

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

Thanks! The SmartLav was exactly what I was looking for, not too expensive and seems to have good sound quality. I also asked Antlion about the modmic on twitter, I'll see if they answer but I will probably go with the Rode.

the omni is out of stock? thats fine.

you honestly want the UNIdirectional mic.

omni will pick up from all directions, uni will pick up from one.

one note about lavalier mics: most of them require a preamp! unless what you get specifically notes it will work with pc or without a preamp i'd assume it does. not familiar with this particular one though so suggest you read up.

D4ggerfall

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

The only thing i'm worried about with the unidirectional is that I might soudn too quiet since it has noice cancellation or something. Had that problem with some past microphones. Furthermore AntLion said it's for use in noisy environments but as far as I see it is just open towards your mouth and not towards the other directions? Please correct me if i'm wrong.