Looking for a studio condenser mic + audio interface around $100 - $150 each for podcasting / livestreaming

raxion

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I've had a lot of gaming headsets throughout my life and all of them ended up breaking fairly quickly and I've decided to get myself a good set of headphones and now I just need a mic but I don't want a USB mic because I know that an audio interface can be used as a preamp (thing that enhances audio).

I know I'm new and I shouldn't be spending a lot money on something I don't know anything about but I'm tired of gaming headsets and this is something I've been wanting to get into for a few years now and I've finally decided to save up some money and now I'm here asking you guys to help educate me on this subject before I go buying anything. If anyone could point me the right direction it would be very helpful.

I've done a bit of research and watched some videos and I've come down to 5 mics that I think sound good any other suggestions for a mic are welcome. I want something that can make my voice sound "alive" something that sounds kind of like this guy's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8X9gkXbqY I don't know if it is the microphone that gives it that nice vibration in his voice or a setting on the audio interface, if someone could answer it would be very appreciated.
The Steinberg UR12 is what I'm looking at as far as a audio interface and I'm not too sure of the differences between the UR12 and the UR22 other than the UR22 allows there to be 2 microphones hooked up to it. If any can tell me more about the differences or if there are better ones at a similar price range it would be appreciated.
My top 4 Mics:
- Audio-Technica AT-2020
- Audio-Technica AT-2035
- AKG P120
- MXL 990
- MXL V67G

I know every mic sounds different on each person and that some microphones will sound better with other voices but if someone could just give me the differences of each mic that they have noticed or something like that, then that would be very helpful.

Thank you.