Looking for headphones for gaming at around £30 (40€, 50$)

JokeMonster

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Sadly today the right ear on my trusty old HD201s finally gave in to old age, thus I'm looking to buy a replacement. I don't need a headset, I have a condenser mic, but I'm not entirely against having one if it's worth the price. Ideally I'd like the best value closed-ear headphones you can get for around 40€ that are good quality and comfortable for extended wearing.

If anyone's got any suggestions I'm all ears (see what I did there?)

Solution
I'd only doubt the Audio Technica ATH-T200, but as your saying the others don't look as comfortable as the Sennheisers. I say go with the Sennheiser HD 419 since its appealing to you and me.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
I see what you did there :D

You should be able to find these in your budget, all of these have great sound quality too:

Sennheiser HD 419

Sennheiser HD 429

Audio Technica ATH-M20x

Audio Technica ATH-T200

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S (credit to RazerZ)

or lastly the AKG K511

Hope this helps!

JokeMonster

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015

Thanks for the suggestions, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The only thing that worries me is that, the two Sennheisers aside, the rest don't look very comfy :mouais: I'd be wearing them for extended periods of time so they'd need to be comfy.

At the moment, the 419 is looking very appealing - comfy and very reasonably priced considering the quality. Also, they're noise isolating and cancelling which is great for gaming.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
I'd only doubt the Audio Technica ATH-T200, but as your saying the others don't look as comfortable as the Sennheisers. I say go with the Sennheiser HD 419 since its appealing to you and me.

Solution

JokeMonster

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015

I think I will. Thanks for your help :)

TRENDING THREADS