Apr 30, 2018
I have AOC monitor with 2 hdmi channel and 2 audio speaker and Graphics Card (Mother board has no HDMI connector). Also I have a Sony RT3 (ARC HDMI) Sound system. I want to connect monitor or Graphics Card (Mother board has no HDMI connector) for sound to Sony RT3 (ARC HDMI) through hdmi. Is it Possible? I try but it not happened.
How can i connected my Sony RT3 (ARC HDMI) with my Graphics Card (Mother board has no HDMI connector) or monitor through HDMI cable? though 3.5 jack for audio is available in Mother board (PC) and Monitor for connect to Sony RT3 (ARC HDMI), But I want to use HDMI cable for audio.
Graphics Card > HDMI (for Audio)> Sony RT3 (ARC HDMI)
Monitor > HDMI (for Audio)> Sony RT3 (ARC HDMI)

Solution
You can't use HDMI.
ARC is used to send audio from sources built into or connected to a TV using an HDMI cable. Monitors don't have any built in sources so it doesn't work on PCs.
If your PC doesn't have optical audio out you can use an HDMI audio extractor to provide one, You would set HDMI as you audio device. It will sound much better than using the stereo analog audio out of the PC.
You can't use HDMI.
ARC is used to send audio from sources built into or connected to a TV using an HDMI cable. Monitors don't have any built in sources so it doesn't work on PCs.
If your PC doesn't have optical audio out you can use an HDMI audio extractor to provide one, You would set HDMI as you audio device. It will sound much better than using the stereo analog audio out of the PC.

Solution