My laptop won't let me install a new windos because it says partition d in unreadable.

andrea_32

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Hi , I know that probably I am not the first one to ask this question but I can't find an answer anywhere. My problem with my laptop is that it says that partition d was unreadable and corrupted ,and that I should run chkdsk utility. I did and nothing happened. It won't me install another windows ,and I did what the windows told me to startup repair the computer . I did what it told me and nothing seems to change. Thanks

andrea_32

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
No , I didn't. The thing is I have only one partition which is C , where I have the windows and all the movies , music and things like that . I really don't understand why the partition D cause all these problems .
Thanks for the answer .

andrea_32

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
UPDATE: I tried to install a new windows , until 79% everything was going good. Then it gave me this problem the file or directory D:/windows/winsxs/x86/ is corrupt and unreadable.

andrea_32

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
I managed somehow to install windows xp but everytime I tey to install windows 7 it says the thing that I already wrote .
And windows xp gives me A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer" ... *** STOP: 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4, 0xf7a16fb0) ... blue screen

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mikmikasd Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
Jovke8882 Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 0
juliver Laptop Tech Support 3
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
O Laptop Tech Support 2
3 Laptop Tech Support 1
TheAlienJD Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3