My pc HDMI connection to TV does not work if VGA output is not connected to another monitor

birinco

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
I bought a new 24 inches TV-Monitor and I would like to use it as monitor for my existing PC.
First,I have been trying as second monitor. Set my pc to use it as extended monitor. It worked without problem. Then, I took off VGA connection to my existing monitor. After a couple seconds, the new monitor TV stopped displaying. I have re-connected VGA cable to my old monitor. The new monitor started to display at the same time. Anybody have a same problem or solution for this issue.....

Solution
First and foremost, don't connect/disconnect monitors while the PC is powered on. Second if your TV is cloned from your monitor and your system reads the monitor as disconnected, it no longer knows what to display on the TV.

-Wolf sends
First and foremost, don't connect/disconnect monitors while the PC is powered on. Second if your TV is cloned from your monitor and your system reads the monitor as disconnected, it no longer knows what to display on the TV.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Victoria Sowers

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
my guess would involve your display settings from the control panel menu... if the settings indicate you are connected to TWO monitors (1 vga, the other HDMI) then it may require that you actually be connected to TWO display devices simultaneously? just a guess. but it may be worth checking out (if you have not already) as i have had similar issues but i would alternate from one type to the other frequently... hope it helps.