My setof box rca has only three plugs. White,red and yellow while tv component has more plugs like clue etc

manaillu162

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Tv has component plugs in more number. While setof box and DVD have rca with three plug like red white and white. How to connect rca of DVD and setof box to tv. DVD and setof box have no HDMI ports please help me in this regard

Solution
It sounds like the set-top box is using 'composite' video, where the video signal is carried by the yellow cable, while red and white carry the audio.

The TV likely has plugs for 'component' video, in which the video signal would be split up and carried over three cables, red, green and blue (in addition to separate audio cables).

If the TV doesn't have a dedicated plug for the yellow composite cable, it might have a setting to convert one of the component plugs into a composite plug. You should check your television's manual to see whether it says anything about that.

manaillu162

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
My tv has HDMI ports and componentplugs having more than three plugs. Whereas my DVD and setof box Have no HDMI ports and and have only rca with three plugs red,white and yellow colours . Within I am unable to connect DVD and cable setof box to tv. Guide me and help me in this regard

cryoburner

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
It sounds like the set-top box is using 'composite' video, where the video signal is carried by the yellow cable, while red and white carry the audio.

The TV likely has plugs for 'component' video, in which the video signal would be split up and carried over three cables, red, green and blue (in addition to separate audio cables).

If the TV doesn't have a dedicated plug for the yellow composite cable, it might have a setting to convert one of the component plugs into a composite plug. You should check your television's manual to see whether it says anything about that.

Solution
I would replace whatever you have for a set top box and DVD, you are going to be getting low quality video going to a TV that is probably an HD set since you have HDMI in it. What you are doing is similar to buying a new high end phone then hooking it up to a 2G network and no WiFi.