finnigen007

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Hey guys, I am looking for a new pair of headphones. I would be using them for hearing music while traveling (to school, vacation...), but also for some sports, like some lifting and maybe seldom some running. I prefer over- and on ear headphones over the in ear ones. But because of using them for some sports I would really want them to be wireless. I would also be using them either from an IPad or from my Pc, so wireless would really be good. I have gotten recommended the Sony xb950bt, but I heard that it falls off pretty easy and that wouldn't be good during workouts. The only thing I really otherwise found was the beats solo 2 wireless or the studio wireless. (I know that many ppl dislike beats a lot, but they have really gotten better the past few years, so they are considerable now) But the studios are a little expensive. My price range is up to ca 220 euro. I would mainly be listening to electro, Pop, hip hop.
So what would you guys recommend?
Thanks in advance :D

Solution
From what you describe, it sounds like you really need two separate sets of headphones. You know, the right tool for the job. The problem with using over the ear phones during strenuous activities is 1) they trap heat and sweat 2) unless they clamp tight they tend to fall off 3) if they do clamp tight they become uncomfortable.

For exercising, I suggest you look into the JayBird line of bluetooth sport earbuds. For over-the-ear dedicated headphones... well the sky is the limit on the choices.

If you truly want a single set of headphones, the Sony's you listed look very promising. Also, if you haven't already, check out Innerfidelity's wall of fame for the best of the best in wireless headphones...

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
From what you describe, it sounds like you really need two separate sets of headphones. You know, the right tool for the job. The problem with using over the ear phones during strenuous activities is 1) they trap heat and sweat 2) unless they clamp tight they tend to fall off 3) if they do clamp tight they become uncomfortable.

For exercising, I suggest you look into the JayBird line of bluetooth sport earbuds. For over-the-ear dedicated headphones... well the sky is the limit on the choices.

If you truly want a single set of headphones, the Sony's you listed look very promising. Also, if you haven't already, check out Innerfidelity's wall of fame for the best of the best in wireless headphones:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-wireless#xjJPjfuwtQ70tWvW.97

Solution