Nexus Prime Moved to Hong Kong, Unveiling on 19th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

cool, i hope that the rummors are true and finnaly no more phisical buttons

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]gamerRO25[/nom]cool, i hope that the rummors are true and finnaly no more phisical buttons[/citation]
Didn't have physical buttons since Nexus S.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Nice hardware. Now makes some apps for it that make you want to buy it over the competition.[/citation]
Check out Amazon's Appstore, Google's Marketplace, SlideMe and other similar. Pretty sure you'll find what you need.
The selling point is the new ICS, though. Hardware-wise, I don't see the need for something more powerful than already is announced.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Phone makers ought to stop pursuing ultra-thin phones and make a REAL battery; for once! Or at least make sure the battery size is not restricted by the back panel, so that you can get an aftermarket fat battery... SGS 1 had that, not sure about SGS 2. I don't care if my phone is thick (as long as it's not thicker than my last smartphone, Nokia N72) as long as that thickness provides more battery life. Seriously, making phones ultra-thin is a pointless trend started by Apple and is not useful at all. If your phone has a 4.65'' screen, it doesn't matter how thick it is (within a reason), it will NOT fit into a small pocket.

G

Making phones ultra thin was a trend started by Motorola with the RAZR. Which came out before Apple's iPhone. Regardless if it was pointless, the RAZR sold better than any phone during its time because of how thin it was.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]nugenttw[/nom]I don't see how that battery is possible, it is thinner than the iphone 4 and has a batter 60% larger?[/citation]
Size and capacity are not linked, you can get a Double A battery with 2850mAh, now take that same battery and squash it into the shape of a cell phone battery.
The only thing preventing people releasing huge capaity batteries as standard in the past is cost.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]shadowstewie[/nom]Making phones ultra thin was a trend started by Motorola with the RAZR. Which came out before Apple's iPhone. Regardless if it was pointless, the RAZR sold better than any phone during its time because of how thin it was.[/citation]
I used to own what was at the time the worlds thinnest dumbphone before I made the jump to my first smartphone
http://www.mphone.co.uk/samsung/u100.html
Oddly enough, also made by Samsung

Fa11ou7

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Is there a norm for the announcement/release cycle? I haven't purchased a new phone in ages and I've been waiting for the Iphone 5 or Prime and since there is no Iphone 5 I'm planning on getting the Prime and I am just curious when you guys thing the earliest I will be able to get it will be. My company is willing to reimburse me and I am getting anxious.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Fa11ou7[/nom]Is there a norm for the announcement/release cycle? I haven't purchased a new phone in ages and I've been waiting for the Iphone 5 or Prime and since there is no Iphone 5 I'm planning on getting the Prime and I am just curious when you guys thing the earliest I will be able to get it will be. My company is willing to reimburse me and I am getting anxious.[/citation]
I think you will find that Samsung have a juggernaut technological lead over Apple but don't release willy-nilly, they wait till Apple brings out it's newest model, waits a couple of weeks then shows its own latest model which make the Apple look wimpy and pathetic.

Compare the 4S to the Prime, better acroiss the board unless you prefer smaller screens.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I think you will find that Samsung have a juggernaut technological lead over Apple but don't release willy-nilly, they wait till Apple brings out it's newest model, waits a couple of weeks then shows its own latest model which make the Apple look wimpy and pathetic.Compare the 4S to the Prime, better acroiss the board unless you prefer smaller screens.[/citation]

Lol you didn't answer that guys question at all!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]Lol you didn't answer that guys question at all![/citation]
Wait for Apple to annouce theirs and a better Samsung is only a few days behind.
Apple release every year religeously (no pun intended).

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
It's the first time that I'm eagerly awaiting a phone. I'm switching jobs so I'm gonna lose the use of my Blackberry Storm and I'll have to pay for a phone myself. If not for this phone, I would have gone with the LG Optimus 2X. I'm not saying there aren't better phones out there, but my carrier's choices are thin...

G

After 11 years of being a loyal Blackberry user, I am lookng forward to the launch of the Samsung Prime. What is the best way to sync an Android based phone with Outlook?

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Phone makers ought to stop pursuing ultra-thin phones and make a REAL battery; for once! Or at least make sure the battery size is not restricted by the back panel, so that you can get an aftermarket fat battery... SGS 1 had that, not sure about SGS 2. I don't care if my phone is thick (as long as it's not thicker than my last smartphone, Nokia N72) as long as that thickness provides more battery life. Seriously, making phones ultra-thin is a pointless trend started by Apple and is not useful at all. If your phone has a 4.65'' screen, it doesn't matter how thick it is (within a reason), it will NOT fit into a small pocket.[/citation]
What are you talking about? I had a 5" Dell Streak, it always stayed in my pocket thanks to it's slim battery. I think it's better to have a slim default battery, and aftermarket can take care of the bulkier battery + battery cover.

Although it would be convenient to not charge the battery for couple days, I don't mind charging the battery once a day. If you are not even getting one full day use out of it, then you might be using it too much (like addicted).

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]sailor12006[/nom]After 11 years of being a loyal Blackberry user, I am lookng forward to the launch of the Samsung Prime. What is the best way to sync an Android based phone with Outlook?[/citation]

Calendar: 'Google calendar outlook sync' will sync your outlook schedules to google calendar. Then your phone will sync with google calendar. There is a bug in current outlook sync software that you have to select the profile every time it syncs. Actually been there ever since Outlook 2010.

Contacts: I forgot the name of the app, but there is a open source app that can sync all your contacts with gmail contacts. Your phone always syncs contacts with gmail contacts.

Notes: There is a vb script where you can export your notes to a text file. Then put those in Dropbox so you can access then later on your phone. It won't sync back to outlook sync we only exported the notes.

If you are a heavy Outlook user, there's not really a good way to sync with Android. Maybe Windows Phone might support that better, but I don't have any experience with that. I have a Nexus S, and never need to connect my phone to my computer. So all the sync is happening though wifi and cellular in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.