Vallius09

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Hello, all. So, this is weird. I'm suddenly not getting sound from certain applications when using my Razer Kraken 7.1 headset. It used to be that I would just plug it in to my USB port and anything I opened would route the sound to the headset but now I can't hear from certain applications. All sounds play just fine when I do not have the headset plugged in. I've uninstalled and re-installed Synapse 2.0 just to be sure. I've checked the volume mixer to see if certain applications were muted and they aren't.

I can hear youtube videos (or anything played from the internet) and games, but I can't hear a thing from music played from Windows Media Player or voip like Ventrilo.

I've set the headset as my default device as well as telling WMP to play from my default device but no luck. I'm so confused. Any help?

Vallius09

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I fixed it. Razer Synapse didn't show the volume of applications in the mixer unless I had the application running and it turns out they were muted in the mixer. -.-'

So, if anyone else has this issue, that's the fix. Open Razer Synapse, Open the problem application, check the mixer in Synapse, and make sure it's not muted.

Kyle_150

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017

Thank you so much, I spent so long looking for a solution.