No sound. Smart TV (TCL) using hdmi extender to Marantz NR1602 Receiver

Jun 15, 2018
I am having audio problems connecting the new 2018 65" TCL to a Marantz NR1602 Receiver via HDMI extender w/IR repeater. I know in other forums, people have provided options like add an optical cable or run this and that, but that is not an option here. Is it a settings issue?

Jun 15, 2018

Thanks! I contacted the manufacturer as it wasn't clear and they confirmed it does not.

Jun 15, 2018

So an extender with ARC support is pricey. I brought my receiver upstairs to the smart TV to make it easier to setup. I connected the ARC port from the TV to the ARC port on receiver. Ran Optical from TV to receiver. Connected a center speaker only and am getting no sound. Tried adjusting all setting and configs and all I get is a helicopter sound from speaker. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't think of any other solution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
catchgarry Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 5
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 7
E Streaming Video & TVs 5
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question Toshiba smart tv sound indicator off
Question LG Smart TV no sound after connecting bluetooth transmitter
Question Onkyo HT-S3800 receiver not picking sound out from LG smart TV
I am unable to get my surround sound Dennon to work with my Samsung Smart TV while on Netflix. Can you help me?
How to set my Sony smart TV and Samsung BD-player to make the hdmi-ARC work? Current there is no sound. I am already using a h
Solved! I have amazon prime and get the picture on my samsung smart tv, but the sound is from the tv program
RCA SmarT Virtuoso no sound
I have a Samsung Smart TV and a Sony receiver and sound system. I use DirecTV and when I swithc over to my Netflix, I can see
Have a 55S517 TCL SMART TV and a VIZIO S5451w-C2 sound bar. Followed all hook-up instructions for the (ARC) and even a couple
Solved! I can’t get sound from Netflix
I have a lg smart tv has sound but no picture, and the power button want turn blue on tv it stays red
TCL Roku 6-series - Logitech z960 surround sound system not switching between DOLBY and Stereo
Solved! Sound bar ?
Solved! I'm trying to connect my old bose DVD surround sound system to my new Samsung smart TV but can't get TV sound to come out. The
Solved! hi im renting to buy a 50 inch smart tv....it was ok this morning and no i have sound but no picture and there is a light on i
Solved! Connect Samsung Smart TV sound to LG Home Thietre
Solved! Smart TV sound
I have a element 43" smart tv what I can't figure out is how to connect my bfree suround sound Bluetooth speaker to my tv
Bose Cinemate not producing sound for cable box, but works for Bluray on new Smart TV?
Solved! I have an lg smart 4k ultrahd model 50uH 5530 had picture and sound last night no picture or sound this morning we have plugg

ASK THE COMMUNITY