norton antivirus not installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
i tried to install norton antivirus but its giving me a message that there was some sort of error but won't tell me why. when i try to send the error report to norton tells me that another error occurred and the error report wasn't sent

Solution
looks like for some reason the installer wasn't working, so i opened the norton antivirus that was already on the computer that i was trying to update i clicked renew typed in the new product key and it and thats it. all that stress for nothing and it was as simple as that

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Norton really isn't that great in my opinion.

I recommend Avast Antivirus as the active scanner, and MalwareBytes Anti Malware as the user triggered scanner. It's okay to have both installed at once, since MalwareBytes only scans when the user requests it instead of automatically. Just make sure that Avast is not actively doing a scan before starting a scan in MalwareBytes.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

do you have a possible solution to the problem cause i can't seem to figure it out

rgd1101

Don't

Can't, not enough detail. The only thing we know it fail on the install.
Are you having other issue or just this?

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
looks like for some reason the installer wasn't working, so i opened the norton antivirus that was already on the computer that i was trying to update i clicked renew typed in the new product key and it and thats it. all that stress for nothing and it was as simple as that

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.