OK to change install directory for academic copy of office enterprise 2007?

HP Pavilion owner

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
I have a 9 year old HP Pav dv9500t notebook with 4 Gb RAM originally running Vista but now running a clean install of Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

The directory suggested by the office 2007 install program is C:\IUWareOnline\Office Enterprise Edition 2007. I normally like to install all programs in the appropriate Program Files directory, but since I am not sure if 2007 is 32-bit or 64-bit, I don't know which Program Files directory to choose: Program Files or Program Files (x86).

Should I quell my perfectionist tendencies and just install office to the default directory? That's what I did when running under Vista and office ran just fine.

Or can I change the default directory without causing future problems? But which directory: PF or PF (x86)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
If it gives you the option to change the install location, and you want to change it...go ahead and do it.
It does not matter between "Program Files", and "Program Files (x86)". Or even "MyOfficeInstall"

It can go anywhere.

For some of the Office installs, particularly academic or other non-retail...it does not give you the option of where it installs.
If this one does, just do it.

USAFRet

Illustrious
If it gives you the option to change the install location, and you want to change it...go ahead and do it.
It does not matter between "Program Files", and "Program Files (x86)". Or even "MyOfficeInstall"

It can go anywhere.

For some of the Office installs, particularly academic or other non-retail...it does not give you the option of where it installs.
If this one does, just do it.

Solution