opening a locally saved Powerpoint slideshow in a web browser's kiosk mode

fox_xd

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with opening a locally saved powerpoint file in Chrome (preferably) or any other browser that will work. I got to the point where I can run the browser in kiosk mode, tried with Internet Explorer and Chrome but when I try to load up the local Powerpoint file into the browser all they seem to want to do is save the file back onto the computer.

Some Background and what I am trying to do:
We need to be able to run a power point slide show that is interactive (it has buttons for the user to touch and explore) while running in a web browser using kiosk mode, this computer is an All in One that sits in the hallway of my workplace. This project can't just run as a slideshow through powerpoint either.

Is there something I can do?

USAFRet

Illustrious
Depending on the PPT version, there are various ways you can run it directly in the browser. The methodology changed from Office 2007 to Office 2010.

Office 2007, you save it directly as HTML.
Office 2010 the steps change, but you can still do it.

However....I don't think either of those allows full interaction, as in button pressing within each slide. You get forward and back via nav buttons.

fox_xd

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

I am using PowerPoint 2007 but can easily get other version. Although I did save it as an HTML file it didn't allow for the interaction that is required (like you have said). Do you think what I am asking for is possible?

USAFRet

Illustrious

I don't believe so within PowerPoint.