OpgenGL GSL support not working anymore?

Flashthepyro

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Hey all,

So i got this old laptop (Acer Aspire 5630) of a friend of mine, he wanted a new OS on it (went from vista 32bit to 8.1 64) and disable all the not-needed stuff to have it run better.
Anyway, It uses a Intel GMA 950 as GPU. Now i installed W8.1 i checked the specs, (the laptop is 64 bit strangely enough) flawlessly and it runs a lot better.
But, the games it could run before (for example Zerahypt) don't work on 8.1, and (depending on the game) i either get a random crash and unknown error, or the note that OpgenGL GSL is not supported on this GPU.

As far as i know the driver is installed correctly, the small Blue Intel graphics icon is there, so is the menu. No wierd things with the installation as well.
Now i got this one from the acer site, so i am going to find the most recent one and hope it helps.
But in case that does not work (which i think it isnt) i am already asking this to you.

Flashthepyro

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015

Thanks for the link, and yes, the Mobile Graphics 945GM is there.
i tried switching everything on and off, no results.
However, after reading on the intel site i might have a solution, i can download a whole lot of different drivers for that one GPU, plus microsoft.NET which might be the cause.
So i'm going to try that, thanks anyway mate

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 9
Abhijeet Unde Laptop Tech Support 1
Anoop B Laptop Tech Support 3
Ahmad-PC- Laptop Tech Support 2
leonhk Laptop Tech Support 4
charliesfrt Laptop Tech Support 0
jarrettstewart Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 5
I Laptop Tech Support 7
S Laptop Tech Support 1