Outlook Emails not received promptly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_999

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
Running MS Office Pro 2010 at home. Use outlook email client and configure as IMAP so I can synchronize email with a couple of android devices. It works, but my PC is always slow to receive the emails. The android devices will receive the email minutes, sometimes an hour earlier than the outlook client. I've got the outlook client setup to check for new emails every 2 minutes.

Here is what's strange... I can see that I have new email on my android device, but no such emails in my outlook client. So, I click the send/receive button in outlook and sometimes it won't find the new emails yet. However, if I close outlook and reopen the client, then it will find the emails.

How can a stop/restart of Outlook find emails when a send/receive does not find them? and YES, I did send/receive ALL.

Hoping for some help from the experts.

orionautics

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
You need to configure the "send/receive" function. Under the file menu, go to Options > Advance
on send/receive button, you can set the time interval. It is set to 30 minutes by default and you can change the minutes to whatever you want it to be. If you’re busy and want to keep up with your messages you can go as low as every one minute.

furthermore, try this Analyzer Tool to fix the close and reopen issue
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970771

Hope this will solve your problem.

Tom_999

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

Sorry, but you didn't fully read the problem description. I already have the send/receive set to 2 minutes. I think the key issue to consider is that "sometimes" when I know I have email (because my other email clients have the new email), my outlook client won't find the email even when I manually click the send/receive all button. Further, it will then "find" the new emails when I stop and restart outlook. So why does a bounce of outlook find the emails, yet send/receive will not always find them?

Status
Not open for further replies.