Overheating, unknown reason

AetherS

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
So, my laptop has been overheating for a long time, like half year, and i finally decided to open it up to see what is going on. I cleaned it (it was pretty clean already), and i put another termal paste on CPU and GPU. And i was so happy and i thought, finally my suffering is over. But as i turned on my laptop and was on it for like 15 min. I noticed that he is freaking hot again, just like it was before. CPU temp while i play games is 96°C!! And he is so hot from outside. Due to the over heat my gpu and cpu downclocks by itself. So my fps drops in like LoL from 105 to 35. My laptop is ASUS X500DP, Amd apu a10 5750M quadcore 2,5, gpu Amd HD 8670m 2gb. So, does anyone have any idea what could cause the problem?

hyfurd2112

Estimable
May 9, 2014
If there is a lot of hot air coming from the ventilation exhaust on your laptop, there is not much you can do. The laptops cooling is hard to upgrade. What I suggest is turning on vsync for now.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I can tell you that after windows updates or some driver update, my motherboard kept the cpu cooler fans on idle speed, it would not spin up when the heat rose. so i installed speedFan just a couple of hours ago, tested by encoding movie to mkv on a converter that maxes out the cores and the fan finally kicked in, cooling down the cpu. Too many windows update single out the culprit and im sure i uninstalled that driver update since it was mistake. Problem is i cant find the "start with windows" option on speedfan so i have to do it manually after startup. Speedfan is freeware, thank god and the developer.