Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
so i want to order customize laptop with this basic spek :
CPU - i3-4000m
GPU - gtx850m
15.6 HD resolution
4gb ddr3
500gb HDD
will i3 bottleneck the gtx850m ? i need this laptop to play some casual games and maybe some high demand gaming , like Watch Dog or Thief maybe or BF4
if i can play those with full HD resolution on Medium setting that will be nice .
how much fps that i3 will produce ? and will it be significant different if i change the cpu with i5-4200m ?

Solution
Yes. With each step up is a increase in the number of 'Cores', so while a i3 may be Quad it performs about as a Dual Core most the time, the i5 performs as a full Quad to almost a Six Core and then your i7 is the crown jewel. Best way to demonstrate is check that notebookcheck website and see for yourself the performance differences. Even look up Watchdogs CPU Benchmarks, and you can see it is i3 then FX8xxx then i5 then i7 in any performance measurements.
Laptops cost 2x that of desktop for gaming the same performance. So for the games you listed, the cost for the parts (760/860 GPU for example starts at $349!) is much more expensive and drives the cost to around $2000 for a portable gaming laptop to play current titles decently (not saying Ultra @ 4K resolution either).

drkA

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
thx for ur reply
yeah indead laptop cost expensive . but i use this laptop not only for gaming, for my college . for playing game, just casual game like dota2 or diablo or warcraft and maybe .. Maybe some high demanding games . if cant it's ok . i prefer my PC for those.
my laptop that i want to order cost $819 (basic) , but i can customize the cpu with i7-4700mq around $191 or maybe an i5-4200m around $60 . that my upgrade plan for later . but i found that GPU gtx850m are enough for that games i listed , maybe at medium setting in HD resolution. check this www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-850M.107795.0.html .

but the problem are the CPU . thats why i really wanna ask u guys about this i3-4000m . are this cpu can handle those games i listed for maybe at low or mid setting . or choose the i5-4200m instant ?

Yes. With each step up is a increase in the number of 'Cores', so while a i3 may be Quad it performs about as a Dual Core most the time, the i5 performs as a full Quad to almost a Six Core and then your i7 is the crown jewel. Best way to demonstrate is check that notebookcheck website and see for yourself the performance differences. Even look up Watchdogs CPU Benchmarks, and you can see it is i3 then FX8xxx then i5 then i7 in any performance measurements.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS