PC Displayport/USB-C > Receiver HDMI = no 5.1 only stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2018
Hi guys. I'm pretty stuck there. My setup:
- 2080ti with 2 displayports, 1 HDMI and 1 USB-C.
- Oculus Rift
- Receiver
- 4k 60hz TV

Connection: PC > Receiver > TV

My goal is to setup PC with receiver somehow not through videocard's HDMI to get 4k 60hz and 5.1 sound. Oculus fails to run normally on all everything except direct HDMI, so I have to use Displayport or USB-C for a receiver.

The trouble is, no matter what I try, I have only stereo sound if I use displayport or usb-c. 4k 60hz works just fine, but without surround sound. I can't choose it in settings and I don't see any way to change that.

What I tried:
HDMI to DisplayPort converter
HDMI to USB-C converter
HDMI - DisplayPort cable
HDMI - USB-C cable

Receiver's optical IN busy with output from TV.

All of it gives me just stereo. I spent like $100 for cables and converters, all of them are 4k 60hz 5.1 supported.

Any suggestions?

Nov 14, 2018
@J_E_D_70, because of onboard TV's netflix. It has 5.1 so it should go to receiver.
Even if I connect optical from PC to receiver, I can't choose 2 input methods at the same time - it's either HDMI or optical. Means video or audio, lol

Nov 14, 2018
TV has 3 HDMI, 1 optical. I tried to connect PC to TV then TV to receiver, but in this case I had all kind of weird shit happening with sound. TV cannot normally forward audio to receiver. Receiver constantly switches from stereo to 5.1 at random moments.

If I only had 2 optical holes, I'd be happy, but I'm not

Status
Not open for further replies.