Phone storage getting occupied for no reason....

bluef

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
I have a I-LIFE Tablet with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with 5 GB phone storage. I had recently reset it because I didn't use it for a long time. Now I installed few apps in this tablet. Then for no reason my phone storage which was 5 GB got used up and became 1.6 GB free. Although there was no huge files in it. I went to the file explorer and selected all the files in it and all together took just 40 MB. It's really unknown what did occupy it. Then I tried to erase the phone storage and then it's not erasing. It's showing "Unmouting phone storage" for long time like 2 hours. I reset the whole tablet again and still the same issue..any help??
is there and solution to fix it??
And yes my tablet IS rooted.
An advance thanks if any issue....

Regards,
Sweg Dude

Solution
You might be able to see more files and folders if you use Root File Explorer form the Play Store but the danger is, you may be told there is insufficient space to install, despite having 1.6 Gb free space. If that happens, download Android Commander to a Windows PC, connect the Android device then open the programme. You will see the Windows folders in the left hand pane and the Android on the right and you can move files from one to the other to back up your personal files from the phone and delete the unnecessary stuff.

Concentrate on the Caché folders - that's where the clutter collects, and in Lost.dir which is Androids equivalent of Windows Recycle Bin.
You might be able to see more files and folders if you use Root File Explorer form the Play Store but the danger is, you may be told there is insufficient space to install, despite having 1.6 Gb free space. If that happens, download Android Commander to a Windows PC, connect the Android device then open the programme. You will see the Windows folders in the left hand pane and the Android on the right and you can move files from one to the other to back up your personal files from the phone and delete the unnecessary stuff.

Concentrate on the Caché folders - that's where the clutter collects, and in Lost.dir which is Androids equivalent of Windows Recycle Bin.

Solution