Solved! Picture on television

carolyn66

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I recently have been experiencing a problem with my picture on my tv. It started out as just a light shadow about a 1/4 inch from the top of the tv. Then that shadow turned black, and now I lost the picture over 3 inches from the top with also and extra inch of another shadow. I cant see the top of peoples heads while watching tv. This is a Magnavox tv and only approx 3 years old. Could this be my cable box? or is my tv going? I do have a digital cable box, I have the optimum service, but I dont have the hd channels. I do not pay for them. what could be the problem?

Solution
What sort of tv is this? It sounds like a light tunnel collapse if it were a DLP, but without more information I couldn't say. A call to Magnavox (now Funai) is in order if it is a DLP, as many manufacturers have warranty extensions for this particular issue.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
What sort of tv is this? It sounds like a light tunnel collapse if it were a DLP, but without more information I couldn't say. A call to Magnavox (now Funai) is in order if it is a DLP, as many manufacturers have warranty extensions for this particular issue.

Solution

carolyn66

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010

it is an older model magnavox about 3-4 yrs old, not a flat screen. Not hd ready. The problem is getting worse

carolyn66

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
no warrenty, expired. But thanks. It looks like I might need a new tv. :( I do have another question..There was a new tv hooked up in the kitchen, it was connected by a tee in the main cable line downstairs. could this have caused the problem? he said its not this tv in my bedroom though. still think its the light tunnel? :??:

carolyn66

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010

thank u...u have been helpful. I guess it will be a new tv in the future. Now the number and words that display on the top is upside down and backwards