Plantronics Gamecom 780 microphone issues

ChrisM99

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Up until yesterday, the mic on my Plantronics Gamecom 780 had been working amazingly (It is a USB headset mic). Suddenly, it stopped picking up and other people couldn't hear me when I used it. Everything has been tried.

-Uninstalling/reinstalling drivers
-Boosting levels in windows
-Muting/unmuting using hardware switch
-Plugging into USB 2.0 & 3.0

One interesting aspect that I discovered is that the mic still is picking up, but I have to shout into it to hear even the faintest noise when I listen to the mic through windows. Also, interestingly enough, when I would blow into the whole on the back of the mic, it would pick up the wind noise, but not if I blew into the front part of the mic. Also whenever I would flick the mic, it would pick that up. What is going on with this mic?

Karilee

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Be sure you're plugging it in directly to the PC, not through a USB hub. Try a different USB port on the computer from the one that you usually use - that will force it to reinstall.

Dillon Powell

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
The Plantronic's Headsets work in certain types of USB Ports, for instance, USB 2.0, but not 1.0 or 3.0 plugs. Trying plugging the headphones into different USB ports until it starts working flawlessly. I've had this issue before, this works.