Play Sony Smart TV through Bose Lifestyle system

tracyradams

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
We have a new Sony XBR TV and a new Bose Lifestyle 535. Speakers set up, check...We don't have cable or a DVD play, just WIFI streaming Netflix throught the TV. The TV is not playing through the Bose speakers. Do I need another cable? There is an HDMI cable that goes from the back of the Bose to the HDMI 1 on the TV. When I choose HDMI 1 on the TV input on the Bose remote, it still doesn't come through the speakers. Help, please.

Solution
You may need an optical cable to connect the two. Which model of XBR do you have? When you look at the ports on the back of the Bose system, next to the HDMI out to TV is a port that (in the pictures I see) says "Optical TV Audio IN" If your Sony has a port that looks like that, then you need an optical Toslink cable.

kanewolf

Judicious
You may need an optical cable to connect the two. Which model of XBR do you have? When you look at the ports on the back of the Bose system, next to the HDMI out to TV is a port that (in the pictures I see) says "Optical TV Audio IN" If your Sony has a port that looks like that, then you need an optical Toslink cable.

Solution

tracyradams

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016

tracyradams

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
I appears you are absolutely right! I have those ports. I'm surprised there is nothing in the instructions for Bose to tell me about that, but I guess not too many people ONLY have a TV without a DVD player or a cable box. Thank you for your help!!