Lio380

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I would like to connect my Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-ray HDMI output to my Infocus X1 projector VGA input...

I'd tried two converters HDMI to VGA without success:
- HP NP031AA
- Startech HDMI2VGA

They don't work with the projector neither a PC monitor. The only thing, is that at the Blu-ray start up, I can see "Samsung..." on the screen, and then nothing.

I don't understand :(
Any idea?
Thanks

Solution
Next thing I would try is playing a standard DVD with an HDMI to VGA converter (this assumes your Blu-Ray player can play standard DVDs). If that works, them it would seem to me that the problem lies in the HDCP compliance. If not, then it would seem to be the adapter itself (check this by playing a standard DVD via the composite cable).

-Wolf sends
Next thing I would try is playing a standard DVD with an HDMI to VGA converter (this assumes your Blu-Ray player can play standard DVDs). If that works, them it would seem to me that the problem lies in the HDCP compliance. If not, then it would seem to be the adapter itself (check this by playing a standard DVD via the composite cable).

-Wolf sends

Solution

Lio380

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I think that's a HDCP compliance problem. DVD is playing well with the composite and doesn't work with the converter.

I don't know if it will be better with the HDFury II (http://www.hdfury.com/)????

Thanks for your help.