problem with recovery partition hp pavilion

Abubaker Kiari

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015
Hi
my friend is tending to sell his laptop, so I made a backup image for recovery partition using clonezilla and then erased the whole disk, after restoring recovery image I couldn't reach recovery manager, so is there any solution to recover my factory os.

Solution
If you only copied the recovery partition, you will not be able to use it. You needed to have cloned the whole disk. And not sure why you even did that, when you run the recovery on the drive it will wipe the disk and install the clean OS on it, there was no need to erase the disk manually.

You need to either start clean with a base Windows OEM disk or contact HP to get a set of restore disks.
If you only copied the recovery partition, you will not be able to use it. You needed to have cloned the whole disk. And not sure why you even did that, when you run the recovery on the drive it will wipe the disk and install the clean OS on it, there was no need to erase the disk manually.

You need to either start clean with a base Windows OEM disk or contact HP to get a set of restore disks.

Solution