Toddvg

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
HELP PLEASE!

Ok here is my situation.. I purchased the new apple TV and for some reason almost everytime I go to watch a movie in my Library my Library has been disconnected and I need to walk upstairs, close ITUNES then reopen it, then back downstairs and all is good.

I have been looking for a way that I could hit a link on my phone that would automatically close ITUNES and then reopen it. I have started with sending a text thru a IFTTT command that would then install a TXT file in a ONEDRIVE folder, then I have a scheduled Task that runs every 5min that looks for that file and if it exists than ITUNES closes and then reopens.

My script has not really worked so I need help with that.. Or I am looking for another method that will allow me to close ITUNES and REOPEN it remotely.

The script would be basically
IF File exists C:\users\todd\onedrive\command\itunes.txt
check if iTunes is open or Closeed

#1 if ITunes is Closed
#2 if ITUNES is open

#1 Open c:\program files\iTunes\ITunes.exe

#2 Close c:\program files\iTunes\ITunes.EXE
wait 10 sec
Open c:\program files\iTunes\ITUNES.exe

Del File C:\users\todd\onedrive\command\itunes.txt

ANY IDEAS????

Solution
Uh, hm.
From a laptop or downstairs computer you could hit
Start
Run
"MMC"
File-Add/remove snap in- find "services"- Add
Select Another Computer and direct it to your library host.
BAM, now in your MMC you should see the services for the library host, and you can just restart apple services.

Otherwise you should be able to get Remote Desktop installed on your phone and you can just remote into the library host and restart it real quick.

Both of these solutions involve actually doing something as well, so may be more effort than just walking up stairs.

You could use Task Scheduler and set up
net stop myservicename
net start myservicename
on a timer.

Actually the Task Scheduler seems like a legit option for you.

Toddvg

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
Thank you for your feedback, but with little kids and wife that is not computer savvy I am staying with what they know.

Do you have any feedback that will help?

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Uh, hm.
From a laptop or downstairs computer you could hit
Start
Run
"MMC"
File-Add/remove snap in- find "services"- Add
Select Another Computer and direct it to your library host.
BAM, now in your MMC you should see the services for the library host, and you can just restart apple services.

Otherwise you should be able to get Remote Desktop installed on your phone and you can just remote into the library host and restart it real quick.

Both of these solutions involve actually doing something as well, so may be more effort than just walking up stairs.

You could use Task Scheduler and set up
net stop myservicename
net start myservicename
on a timer.

Actually the Task Scheduler seems like a legit option for you.

Solution