Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have an acer aspire 5517 and I want to restore it factory settings. I tried the alt+f10 but it didn't work. My acer erecovery isn't working either and I need to know if there is another eay to go about resolving my problem. Thanks

johnnie35

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
I have an acer aspire 5517 and I want to restore it factory settings. I tried the alt+f10 but it didn't work. My acer erecovery isn't working either and I need to know if there is another eay to go about resolving my problem. Thanks
Click on acer, then click on recovery management, you are going to need your administrators password,click on recover to factory settings, and follow the steps that follow.

compguy333

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

what if i do not know the password to enter in for the adminstrators password?and i have tried "000000" any other options?thanks

Daniel Prosser

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

hey, it you hold the alt key, then press it a few times it might work. i have the 5532 series and it didn't work at first. i called them, and they said you have to do it before any windows screen pops up, it will load to a screen that says no execute option(along the lines of saying that, i don't remember exactly.) then hit enter hold the power button and run a normal start-up, it will then say windows is loading files, pass the windows screen with the 4 windows, then a menu will come up. if you want files still, click restore settings and backup files. it will then send the files to C:/ Backup.(to find this folder, go to my computer, and dig around.) after thet you will have successfully reset your computer. good luck :)

Daniel Prosser

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

hey, it you hold the alt key, then press it a few times it might work. i have the 5532 series and it didn't work at first. i called them, and they said you have to do it before any windows screen pops up, it will load to a screen that says no execute option(along the lines of saying that, i don't remember exactly.) then hit enter hold the power button and run a normal start-up, it will then say windows is loading files, pass the windows screen with the 4 windows, then a menu will come up. if you want files still, click restore settings and backup files. it will then send the files to C:/ Backup.(to find this folder, go to my computer, and dig around.) after thet you will have successfully reset your computer. good luck :)

Daniel Prosser

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

Daniel Prosser

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.