Roku XDS SD component output possible?

forqueue

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Have an older Mits TV with Standard Definition (SD) 480 i / p component inputs along with (HD) 1080i inputs. The Roku XDS shows no image when hooked up to either one using a generic 3.5mm AUX to RCA Component Green Blue Red adaptor. It WILL display when hooked up using a composite connection. I'm wondering if the output from the Roku XDS component is ONLY 1080 / 720 (P) and will not provide a signal acceptable to either SD inputs -OR- 1080i HD inputs and I'm stuck with the lousy composite. Can anyone verify this?
Thank you.

Solution
SOLVED (kind of).
Roku XDS COMPONENT connections for a older HDTV. Never found an OFFICIAL ROKU XDS spec sheet that specifically lists what formats are actually supported. “Up To 1080P” is the closest.

1). 1080i is NOT supported thru component, 480p is. Roku calls this '16:9 anamorphic' .
2). Output works thru composite AND component at the same time. Helps with troubleshooting and choosing final output.
3). The aftermarket cable was about 1/16” TOO LONG. Pushing it all the way in caused it to lose all connectivity. A small o-ring spacer over the male 3.5mm jack fixed it.
I never found a 'official Roku spec sheet' that lists all formats it ACTUALLY supports. . No 1080i but DOES support 480p thru component. Not the best, but better...

forqueue

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
SOLVED (kind of).
Roku XDS COMPONENT connections for a older HDTV. Never found an OFFICIAL ROKU XDS spec sheet that specifically lists what formats are actually supported. “Up To 1080P” is the closest.

1). 1080i is NOT supported thru component, 480p is. Roku calls this '16:9 anamorphic' .
2). Output works thru composite AND component at the same time. Helps with troubleshooting and choosing final output.
3). The aftermarket cable was about 1/16” TOO LONG. Pushing it all the way in caused it to lose all connectivity. A small o-ring spacer over the male 3.5mm jack fixed it.
I never found a 'official Roku spec sheet' that lists all formats it ACTUALLY supports. . No 1080i but DOES support 480p thru component. Not the best, but better that composite.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS