Samsung smart tv wont recognize pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_38

Commendable
May 29, 2016
So i have a Samsung UE50JU6800W and am trying to hook it up to my pc via HDMI, the hdmi is plugged into my graphics card and not the motherboard. Both ends of the cable detect the cable, my pc sees the tv and my tv sees the cable. But the tv just says no signal what ever i do. Nothing seems the help, so this is kind of my last resort to solving my issieu. Thanks in advance

Solution
The "down grade" was only a "piece of data" for your information. I don't know if it is the be all end all. I was running 8.1, upgraded to 10 which worked for a short while but then somewhere along the way, the "double screens" no longer worked (even though I was running as "one screen only"... with the laptops built in screen turned off)... that setup would no longer work after a few days. After many days of trying all sorts of things, I decided to go back to 8.1. Without any other changes, the system again worked as it had been for over a year prior to the windows 10 "attempt".... and this is where the system is today and I have never had an issue since going back.
Since you are running a PC (with out a "built in...

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
try plugging in a blue ray player using the same cable and port on the
TV. If it works, "hot swap" it over to the computer. You might have some form of "hot plug detection" issue which computers / monitors used to start communications between devices... perhaps one or the other isn't following "protocol". "hot plug detection" relies on pin 15 to get things started. Normal consumer products don't use / rely on this technique.

of course, make sure your PC settings are set to output via the hdmi .

max_38

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Well i've got a bit further with troubleshooting. When restarting the pc with the tv as the only display, i can see it booting, loading up windows (10) but whenever the bit comes for me to put my password in, the tv just stops showing my screen and goes back the whole no signal thing... its really starting to piss me off :??:

max_38

Commendable
May 29, 2016

I just tried changing the resolution from the auto setting to 1920x1080 but it gave the same result, no signal. Booting in safe mode however did give me a signal, aswell as using the eyefinity mode on amd. But only in those options thus far

max_38

Commendable
May 29, 2016
So i've used DDU to remove all of my monitor drivers and now its able to get a signal. But i need to reinstall my radeon drivers for obvious reasons. So i just did that, the latest from the amd website, and its back to square one...

How long is your HDMI cable? They are not magic. They suffer signal degradation just like any other cable, due to length, cable quality, diameter of wires, how securely the plugs make contact, etc.

It sounds like your cable is passing a marginal signal. So the TV and PC can detect each other, and low-resolution (low bandwidth) video works fine. But it's not able to support a higher bandwidth 1080p signal. This usually happens with long cables with small diameter wires (thinner cables). Try dragging the PC next to the TV, and using the 1 or 2 meter HDMI cable you use to connect it to your cable box or blu-ray player (known good cable). If 1080p works that way, then the problem is your cable.

The fix is a shorter or thicker cable, or a Redmere cable. Redmere cables steal a little power from the TV, transmit it back to the PC side, and use it to boost the signal strength going over the wires. The TV side reduces that signal strength back within HDMI specs, but the boosted strength over the length of the cable reduces degradation and noise.

max_38

Commendable
May 29, 2016

none of the cables seem to make a difference, i used a different cable. and even a shorter one. changed the resolution to a very low one to make sure its wan't too high for the cable to handle but without luck. it seems whenever my amd driver loads, its stops recieving signal. But i can't find any other person having trouble with this :/, not even on the amd forums....

max_38

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Could you please be more descriptive lol, it is an amd btw. Where do i find these sound devices and how do i enable amd hdmi output on them?

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
you running windows 10? From your findings, it appears that the "base video drivers" work fine, while the ones that you are trying to use thereafter has some issue. I found issues with windows 10 trying to drive from laptop to a TV (two displays: laptop and tv). Couldn't get it to work... went back to windows 8.1, no issue, that's where I am staying for now. From general readings, lately, windows seems to have issues driving displays especially via hdmi. My laptop is old so I expect general driver issues anyways. I see from your earlier post that you got something with "pc and TV only" for a bit... gives the impression that you are trying to running more that one display.... perhaps a similar problem.

max_38

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Well, i would like to run them as multiple displays. I have a dual monitor setup on my desk but wanted to play gta on my tv, the best solution would be having all 3 run at the same time but if thats not possible and only 1 can be on thats fine too. Do I have to downgrade to windows 8.1 if i want to use my tv as a display at all or just for multi display set ups?

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
The "down grade" was only a "piece of data" for your information. I don't know if it is the be all end all. I was running 8.1, upgraded to 10 which worked for a short while but then somewhere along the way, the "double screens" no longer worked (even though I was running as "one screen only"... with the laptops built in screen turned off)... that setup would no longer work after a few days. After many days of trying all sorts of things, I decided to go back to 8.1. Without any other changes, the system again worked as it had been for over a year prior to the windows 10 "attempt".... and this is where the system is today and I have never had an issue since going back.
Since you are running a PC (with out a "built in display), you should be able to get a single display to work as a primary display as that's how pc's normally work. Its got to be some sort of driver issue. I guess if you have nothing much in windows 10 and are able to go back "easily", I would give 8.1 (or 7?) a try to see if things are better.

Also though as I indicated, there is a "hot plug detection" pin in hdmi that computers / monitors use to get things going... if the pin and the system are not working correctly, then there will be issues with getting the two to work... but it appears from your test that the basic "boot" windows display driver is able to function but maybe it doesn't rely on some of the "features" of the hdmi protocol.

Solution

shawnmoch

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

I just bought a Samsung 40 inch today.. Just got it home and same shizzle. It shows the boot, then Windows logo but when it gets to the logon screen, the screen goes black and then the hdmi port and says "No Signal"

I don't know wth Samsung is doing but this is not a good look. It is like the exploding phones that had a couple of years ago but worse. You can't hook your pc up to this stupid TV. What do you need a 4K HDMI cable or what. I'm going to pick up a 4k HDMI cable and see if that works. Will come back with an update.

bryceproberts

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Black Friday curses on me too. Hooking up a Radeon 480X card PC to my brand new Samsung smart tv and same problem. Can see bios and the load screen but at login I get no signal. None of the easy suggestions above work (unplug, switch ports) Not trying to go to Windows 8.1 and not trying to mess with drivers. My PC worked just fine with an HDTV 2 days ago, now I’ve got nothing.

shawnmoch

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

My background is in I.T. software/hardware and networking if anyone was wondering. O.K.

After a long review and searching high and low, I believe I found the answer. The Samsung 4K T.V's are using HDMI 2.0. You can get the new 4K HDMI cables or the HDMI 2.0 cables. I, frankly, don't know the difference between the two but it would seem that the 4k cables are the latest out and will last you a while.

My issue was, I have a Nvidia GTX 770. (yeah - I know) it has a HDMI port (probably 1.4) and it has 2 DVI ports and a Displayport (which is what is important) The Displayport 1.2 port, which looks like a large version of a HDMI port, is responsible for putting out the highest resolution for my video card. Something like 4500 x 3600.
1. But to get to use 4K, the resolution has to be set to 3840 x 2160 with 60mhz.
2. You can buy an adapter that actively or passively converts the Displayport to HDMI 2.0 or 4k and you plug in a HDMI 2.0 or 4k cable into that adapter. Newegg or Amazon or EBay.
3. You can buy a cable that is a male Displayport 1.2 at one end and a male HDMI 2.0 or 4K at the other end. Found at Newegg the cheapest 5 bucks per cord.

Recap.
A. Use the monitor you have and set computer resolution to 3840 x 2160 with 60mhz refresh rate before you connect to the 4K T.V.
B. Learn what connection you have on your P.C. or what ever you have that will be going into the HDMI port of the T.V. and make sure that you either have an adapter or cable that converts your signal from the old technology actively or passively to the HDMI 2.0 or 4K format so that the T.V. can recognize it.
C. Before starting any of this, make sure your computer has the latest video card drivers installed.

Hope this helped. I now have to wait 5 to 7 days for my parts to arrive. Will update after I get everything installed.

hermopalaa

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017

My computer actually BOOTS ITSELF every time after the login screen when its connected to Samsung "Smart" TV , thats why the screen goes blank with no signal... 10 years old plasma tv and no problems, or with Dell monitor. Something real strange in going on with Samsung TVs.

I must test with HDMI 2.0 cable too if thats any help. My old cable is premium quality 1.4 cable, but maybe it is as you say and 2.0 cable is needed. I really hope thats the case, otherwise i have to return the TV because my only use for it is with PC...

Currently i'm so angry at Samsung that theres steam coming from my head. 2000 euros TV and this hard to use with PC... Never should have done Cyber Monday shopping :( Well guess ill stick to my 10 years old plasma TV until HDMI 2.0 cable arrives for testing...

alistair.priest

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
I am having the same issue. Funny enough it only happening on my samsung series 9 and not my series 6. Both new and 4k capable. At times i will get the signal to work correctly, other times it flashes between singnal and no signal, and other no signal at all.

Also. I am running this signal over hdmi extenders on cat 6.

So frustrating.

hermopalaa

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017

Yeah HDMI 2.0 cable did NOT help here, bought 150 euro cable (HDMI 2.0b , HDMI Premium certified , guranteed to work with 4K chroma 4:4:4 @ 60Hz) it even has LED indicators if signal goes through and yes, UHD led is lighted on cable, but alas, NO SIGNAL from Samsung "Smart" UHD TV 8000 series "Premium" panel. What a joke.

I see BIOS screen perfectly well and the login screen, but after login, computer reboots itself (only when connected to Samsung UHD, never otherwise)

Picture shows very well on my old HD plasma and Dell monitor.. no matter which cable i use with them. Just no way to work with Samsung "Smart" UHD TV (real smart this TV ffs...)

GFX card is 1080 Ti btw should work nicely. Tried to run DDU couple times and different Nvidia driver versions, no use.

Tried to use Club3D DP - HDMI adapter, no use

Tried to enable internal graphics if problem is Nvidia, and plug hdmi there : no use

Propably the only solution that i have not yet tested is the one marked as "solution" here : format my drive and install Win 8.1 again, which is ridiculous solution, but cant think of anything else besides that what i hadnt already tried...

Status
Not open for further replies.