SDHC memory card error

erodzawp

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Hello,
I have a digital cam with a 4MB SDHC card. They are a few month old and have been working fine taking multiple pictures, downloading to the PC, etc. Few days ago, while using the cam, a message showed "memory card error" and the cam stop working. I have tried to use a data recovery program through the internal card reader in my laptop but the program starts and almost immediatedly freezes (the whole PC freezes requiring a hard shut down). I left overnight but nothing. Of course this right after Xmas after I took all the familly pics. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

jmitch4861

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Hello,

1st of all what kind of camera?I have been working in a camera shop for 4 years while in school, and have seen every card problem you can imagine.The best thing to do is return the card they all have atleast a 1yr warranty, and try to get a card made by delkin they have the lowest fail rate i have ever seen.Second turning the camera off over night is a myth, you need to think of the camera more as a cpu.I would be willing to bet it is the card.

ricedarren

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

Hi there - I was wondering if you could help me with this one. I have tried both recover programs below, jpeg recovery pro, mjm photo recovery and pandora recovery but still cant see the images. I have put them on my computer and it says the images are 4mb etc but no details when i go into properties. Its a transcend 32gb used in a panasonic tz20. I have put in other memory cards to the camera and it works fine.

Please please help as i have very sentimental pictures on it.

Thank you in advance.