Set-up LG Home Theater with Samsung Smart TV

TECHSTRUCK

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
A new Samsung smart TV - old (5 yrs) LG home theater, cable box remote. How do I connect these so that when I turn on the TV (withe the cable box remote) the sound comes from the home theater? I have read the answers to Smart TV connect to home theater and the references to the technical components are beyond me! So if someone has the patience to walk me through this in child like steps I would appreciate it very much.

Without model number I can't give you a precise answer.
Most likely the TV has optical audio out and maybe headphone out. If the LG has optical in then use that. Turn the optical out on in the TV audio menu. You may have to turn the TV speakers off to get it to work. You may also have to change the audio output type.
If your LG doesn't have optical in then use the headphone out.
If the TV doesn't have headphone out you would need a DAC to convert the digital out to analog
http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-dac-digital-to-analog-converter-(51-compatible)--180-999

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Audio 2
B Audio 1
R Audio 2
Oddgothgirl Audio 1
C Audio 4
G Audio 1
M Audio 10
R Audio 1
D Audio 2
R Audio 4
C Audio 1
B Audio 1
B Audio 4
J Audio 1
N Audio 1
K Audio 1
L Audio 3
F Audio 2
J Audio 1
A Audio 2
Similar threads
Question I have a Kamron audio KA-42 and no clue.
Samsung home theater
How to connect Samsung home theater to Sony laptop
Samsung home theaters and Amazon Fire TV
How to connect my Samsung ht-e350 home theater to my LG 50LF6000
How do I hook up a older Bose Home Theater Without hdmi to a Samsung that only has hdmi
Home theater surround sound component Red and white cables to hook to new Samsung 4K HDMI tv
How to connect my roku to my samsung blu ray player home theater
Connecting new samsung TV to old panasonic home theater system
Samsung Home theater speaker
Integrating Samsung Smart TV, turntable and (older) Teac receiver with Bose Acoustimass 15 II Home Theater System
how to connect bluetooth adaptor for 5.1 Ht-H4500R/XL samsung home theater. is it works?
Hook 60 inch Samsung tv (NO AUDIO OUTPUTS) to old home theater system (NO HDMI inputs or outputs)
Trying to Setup Samsung 5.1 home theater to xbox one ?
How can I connect my Samsung blu ray home theater system speaker to a pre wired home theater? Do I need a more powerful receiv
Hi I have new Samsung smart tv and my home theaters is LG and I connect them through HDMI cable but sound is not coming
i get a long delay between the time i turn on tv and the time the sound comes out of my samsung home theater system. anyone kn
Home Theater System Problem
Right front speaker on Samsung theater system not working, but does work during test
Unable to connect Samsung smart TV with Panasonic home theater while watching youtube video!

ASK THE COMMUNITY