Sharp LC-42D43U, Sound but no picture

Vincent PANISSAUD

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hi, my Sharp LCD TV powers on for less than one second, then I have a blank screen.
The green led stay on and the sound is still here, also I can see the picture with a flashlight.
I presume it's an inverter's problem, how can I be sure? I have some photos if necessary...
Thanks!
Vincent.

Solution

Just quickly googled parts availability, I don't even think the backlight would be purchasable. The inverter is though. Worse case, you buy the inverter board, and it doesn't work, your out about 30 bucks or so.

As someone who worked at least in computer repair, most of the time when we saw symptoms like the one described, its the inverter. Rarely is it the actual backlights, those lights tend to last a while.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

Just quickly googled parts availability, I don't even think the backlight would be purchasable. The inverter is though. Worse case, you buy the inverter board, and it doesn't work, your out about 30 bucks or so.

As someone who worked at least in computer repair, most of the time when we saw symptoms like the one described, its the inverter. Rarely is it the actual backlights, those lights tend to last a while.

Solution

Vincent PANISSAUD

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Thanks for your message, you're fast!
The price for a inverter is more like 60$, too bad if it's not the problem source...
Is there a way to test the inverter with a multimeter?

Vincent PANISSAUD

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
4egj.jpg

TRENDING THREADS