Raijvrocks

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Hello guys I have an important question I am off to uni in september (actually 28th of august)
but here in the netherlands the new 10series laptops are way more expensive then in the US for example I saw the exact same specs on an msi laptop that on newegg was 1799 USD but here (in the netherlands) it was 1999 euro's and I think I saw one that had a 1070 in it for 1999 USD but if you want a 1070 in a laptop here you are gonna pay 2399 euro's why is this? because the taxes in the EU? but is it worth buying a 1060 laptop over a 970m is the difference really notable? keep in mind a 970m laptop (well from msi) are quickly priced in between the 1400 and 2100 euro's? also I noticed that the US has WAY more models available then us in the EU. I can spend up to 2000 euros on a laptop probably not the smartest idea but I'd like to know if its worth my money, or should I save 500 euros and just get a 970m btw a 980(m) laptop is almost as expensive so that is really not worth it. hope to hear from someone soon. thanks in advance.
also MSI is really the only one here that has 10-series laptops I haven't seen one by Asus or gigabyte I'll take a look at Amazon.co.uk but that is probably gonna be the same price after currency exchange.

Solution
the gtx 970m is not a bad chip. its about on par with a gtx 960 desktop based solution. So being price is paramount i would not worry to much. should be good for 1080P with high settings low filtering.

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
the gtx 970m is not a bad chip. its about on par with a gtx 960 desktop based solution. So being price is paramount i would not worry to much. should be good for 1080P with high settings low filtering.

Solution