AirbusA380

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have been faithful to an eeePC 1000H WinXP for nearly 5 years and it has worked flawlessly - I am on my work computer now because I have no other way to explain this.

I have all three Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox, but I mostly use Chrome.
Since 1 week, whenever I go on some internet pages, the application just shuts down. I tried visiting the same pages on Internet Explorer and Firefox, and the same happens with those two as well.

When this happens?
- whenever I try to click on a link in the Google search results pages.
- youtube or other video websites
- forums
- other websites that seem to have multiple items loading when visiting the page (e.g. if opening the forum page also opens ads, flash banners etc.)

The only thing I can access with all three browsers without crashing is Gmail. That one stays stable.

I would truly appreciate your help on this. Ideally, I don't want to reinstall anything because that would be a pain. I have so much important data collected over 5 years, including browser history...

FYI I am also very cautious about virus/malware (use avast + malwarebytes) and I have rarely had any such problem. I doubt that my current problem might be virus related because I always keep the scanners active and they block any suspicious items

Please help :-(

resiean

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
is the internet browsers the only thing that is crashing? Some larger problems can cause this in browsers. Sometimes out dated flash and java can cause this I would update them. You should do a virus scan and look at your windows event log for any possible missed errors. Report back to the result.

AirbusA380

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

Thanks for your reply.

- Yes, it happens only with the internet browsers! Having said that, I rarely use anything else, except for graphics editing and Office. Those work fine.

- I did a full scan with Malwarebytes and it found only Alureon, which it cannot fully delete. But I remember it has been there for months and it has been harmless.

- I am a frequent computer user, but I am not sure how the Event Log works. What do I need to check for in it?

- I will try to update Flash and Java

AirbusA380

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Please please please help.

I cannot use most of my internet - I have so many important things to do on my private computer and I can-t because of my browser issue.

I truly need an URGENT solution. Please please help!!

resiean

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I'm sorry for being late to the reply with this Airbus, the holidays make my time limited. It may seem harmless to have a Aloreon trojan on your system but it's not. It could be effecting your browsers. The Aloreon works by intercepting out going and incoming internet traffic. Doing this it can steal your passwords, usernames, BANK ACCOUNT INFO, and much more. You need to get rid of it, the interception of incoming and outgoing traffic could be effecting your browsers.

You said that you don't know how to find the event log so here are the steps.

step one - open your start menu

Step two - right click my computer/computer.

step three - click management

The event viewer is the event log. Here you can see any errors you might have missed.

progmistro

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Actually it just probably avast crashing your browsers, I couldn't use internet explorer for the the longest time but i managed to get it working once i did this:
1- open avast
2- in avast home page (without going anywhere) it says "browser clean up" near the middle bottom (in the latest update, if you cant see it then update to latest version)
3- go to your browsers and reset them
4- and ur done
Notes: if this doesnt work then its a different problem, something else keep looking into what you may have installed, also look into your programs in uninstall programs and see if you have search by conduit, go to google and search how to completely remove this program, its a virus